Monday, September 12, 2016

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Cute or Creepy

It's time for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge and the theme is Cute or Creepy.  Since I love Halloween, I jumped at the chance to use some of Karen's new Halloween dies.  I wanted to make a Halloween decoration that could sit out on my table.
I was inspired by a tag that Sandy Diller made where she had the ghost hanging off the tree branch.  I loved that the ghost could still be 3-D and that's where it all started.  I cut a piece of cardstock at 6 1/8 x 6 1/8, scored all sides at an 11".  Basically the base is like a lid to a box.  Then I die cut 4 Iron Fence Pop Ups and adhered them all around the base.
I attached the Halloween Scene using an "L" bracket (a small piece of cardstock folded in half, then adhered to the floor & back of the Halloween Scene).  
Enter my son Jake!  He saw what I was making and wanted to join me.  He was so intrigued by how I had made the box that we wanted to make his own.....and so he did!  This is what my son Jake made!!!!
He die cut his own pieces and it was easy enough for him to copy of from what I was doing to make his very own Halloween decoration!  He did an awesome job and wants to make more decorations with me.
I love how he added the boots inside - I like his better, but don't tell him that!

Happy Stampin', 
Raquel


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.




To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

1 comment: