Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Karen Burniston August Designer Challenge - Inspired Creations Day 2

Here's my 2nd card for Karen Burniston's Inspired Creations challenge.  This time, I was inspired by a former Elizabeth Craft Designs' Design Team Member - Debra Hensley.  I wanted to pay tribute to such a wonderful lady, here's Debra's card that inspired me. 
Rudolph the Reindeer graces the front of the Accordion Star with Fancy Seasons Frame Edges.  I loved how Debra added the trees from  Palm Tree & Pail to the edges of her card and used silver rings.  I wanted to make a Floridian Christmas card so instead of silver rings, I put little wreaths in the palm trees and glittered lights from Holiday House.  While the card is closed, it almost looks like lights are hanging from Rudy's antlers.....oh but wait until you open the card.
I loved how Debra added the spinner from Rectangle Pull Card into the center fold, so I added a star and some lights instead of a bunch balloons like Debra had.
I stamped the sentiment from Merry & Bright onto a star decorator die included in the Accordion Star.  Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs' blog tomorrow for a massive dose of inspiration from the whole team and Karen too.

Happy Stampin',
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.

To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.
    

3 comments:

  1. I Adore this and your sweet heart Raquel....So Special! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very special - such a lovely tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this Raquel and with the palm tree, it could be an Aussie Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete