Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Karen Burniston August Designer Challenge - the Characters Spiral Circle Pull

I love the Characters that Karen Burniston designed for her Pop It Ups collection, they are so much fun to create with!  For my second card for the August Designer Challenge, I doubled the Spiral Circle Pull so I could use two characters on my card.

The finished size of my card is 5 x 5, I started out with cardstock sized 5 x 11 & scored at 4" at both ends of the card, aligned the Spiral Circle Pull on the score lines and cut (you will be making 2 separate cuts, both times not cutting the tuck slots).  Recognize those candles?  They are the pickets from the House Pivot Card.  The Happy Birthday is an Elizabeth Craft Designs die.  Poppy is all decked out using Props 1 - he's even got a real feather in his hat!  Poppy is  holding a present  die cut from Evergreen Pivot Card.

I used Clock & Gears on the left inside circle, complete with Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz for the clock hands.  Chilly the Penguin is all dressed up to party too, he's all decked out with the accessories from Props 1 too.

I pieced the "It's Party Time!" from the Happy Birthday, Seasons Greetings & Dream word dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  The balloons have the year 1999 on them so we can "Party like it's 1999".  I even added more of those candles on the spiral and a present on the inside right circle.

I hope you find time to party with the Characters too.  Don't forget to visit Karen's blog tomorrow as she will also be celebrating the Characters with a card & video.

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Karen Burniston or Elizabeth Craft Designs products, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel


Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted
Dies: Spiral Circle Pull Card, Poppy the Owl, Chilly the Penguin, Clock & Gears, Props 1, Evergreen Pivot Card, House Pivot Card (Karen Burniston designed for Elizabeth Craft Designs); Happy Birthday, Dream, Seasons Greetings (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Paper: Pacific Point, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie; blue polka dot is from my stash
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pacific Point
Other: Brights & Neutrals Candy Dots; Yellow Stickles (Ranger); Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card, so many fun elements to look at

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so awesome....im gonna make one two!!!

    ReplyDelete