Friday, June 20, 2014

Poppy's Halloween


Aren't these new dies by Karen Burniston FUN?  I love Halloween and I just couldn't wait to make Poppy into a Halloween owl complete with witches hat.
I cut 2 layers of Early Espresso Coredinations using the All Seasons Tree for the front, I trimmed it just a bit shorter to fit the branch over the moon.  Those ghost Peel-Offs sure look like they're having fun.  I used a stiteched & sponged Katie Label behind the tree.  The new Oval Clouds Frame Edges make this card really pop.  I used Orange/Silver Glitter lines to hide the seams of the Frame Edges.

Here's some of the pieces I used to make this card.

In the center panel, I used an oval die from the Oval Accordion to cut out the middle so I could put Poppy in the center & be able to spin around.  I die cut 2 of Poppy & sandwiched the fishing line in the middle - you can see it hanging out from the bottom, I forgot to cut the excess off before taking the picture oops.  I love the spider web in the top right corner.

I stamped the sentiment from Delightful Dozen onto an oval & kept the die on top of the paper while tracing around with a Basic Black & Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Marker.  The purple flourish comes with the Katie Accordion and would also make a great crown for Poppy.

I stuck Double Sided Adhesive to Whisper White then die cut Poppy, removed the release sheet & sprinkled with Saffron Silk Microfine Glitter - he's really sparkly!  I made the witch hat from the Accessories die.  I die cut the hat & just trimmed to top to a triangle shape.

Here's the back of the card.  I used Yello Silk Microfine Glitter on his eyes, beak & feet....ohh I should've glittered his hat too.  Glitter is good!

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Karen Burniston or Elizabeth Craft Designs products, please visit your independent local craft store or online.

Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted

Stamps: Delightful Dozen
Paper: Basic Black, Orchid Oppulence, Tangerine Tango, Gable Green, Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, Early Espresso Coredinations, Always Artichoke & Daffodil Delight.
Ink: Old Olive & Tangelo Twist Classic Ink
Stampin' Write Markers: Basic Black & Tangerine Tango
Dies: Accordion Katie Label, Oval Clouds Frame Edges, Props Die, 772 Oval Accordion, 769 Accordion Circle, 781 All Seasons Tree (Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Other: 7010 Glitter Borders Orange/Silver; 7018 Gold/Silver Dots; 919 Halloween Peel-Off; 612 Saffron, 636 yellow, 604 white, 601 black Silk Microfine Glitter; 114 Lots of Dots embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment